July 16, 2020
The Revive Alabama grant application begins soon. Here are some highlights (subject to change as more info becomes available):
1) All applications must be done online via MyAlabamaTaxes (http://myalabamataxes.alabama.gov).
2) If you don't have a MAT logon, you can probably get one via the website. If not (either a new business or one without business/individual account info) then you will have to complete the PDF provided by Revive Alabama.
3) You'll then need to go to "I Want To..." and choose "Apply for a Revive Alabama Small Business Grant"
4) To be eligible, you must, as of March 1, 2020:
1) Be located in Alabama
2) Have been and continue to be in business and fully operational
3) Have 19 or fewer FTEs
4) Not a sub or owned by a biz with 50+ FTEs
5) Filed your 2017, 2018 returns; and 2019 or extended
6) Gross Rev <$5M
7) Incur eligible expenses due to the interruption of business? This could include items such as mortgage interest, rent, payroll, and utilities, up to the grant amount requested.
8) Not received #PPP, #EIDL advance, or #PUA greater than expected eligible expenses
9) Not exist for purpose of advancing partisan political activities, lobby federa/state officials, not utilized a lobbyist in 2020
5) Certify funds will NOT be used for:
1) Reimbursement for costs/damages already covered by insurance
2) Expenses that have been or will be reimbursed by any federal program (PPP, EIDL, etc)
3) Reimburse donors
4) Workforce bonuses other than hazard/OT
6) Legal Settlements
6) Authorize ALDOR to disclose to the DoF and applicable Federal agencies the information provided in its application for CARES Act funds together with any confidential return information necessary for the administration, disbursement, and audit of the CARES Act funds.
7) In addition, a qualifying small business will have to authorize the public disclosure of the applicant’s name and the amount of CARES Act funds received.
8) You'll need, among other info:
1) NAICS code
2) Bank routing & account numbers for direct deposit
3) Driver License
As more info becomes available, we will update! Good luck!
4930 Corporate Drive
Huntsville, AL 35805
Toll Free: 800.533.4816
Do online reviews help or hurt a business? Depending on the type of review, of course, it could go either way.
It's hard not to be apprehensive about fall this year with many schools reverting to online learning at home for students. But if it helps, you're not alone. Recent statistics show that 51 percent of working parents said they'll be distracted to a "moderate" or "great" degree on days when their kids learn from home, and 42 percent are worried to the same extent about their job security due to the situation.
If you just got $20 or so from the your favorite uncle, it’s probably not because he forgot your birthday. If you received a federal refund after April 15th or are still expecting one, you might notice an additional US Treasury deposit in your bank account. If you didn’t request direct deposit for your refund, you might receive an extra check. These payments are interest...